The Tom Tomlinson Memorial Scholarship honors the legacy of Tomlinson, an agricultural sales, consulting and marketing professional, and passionate supporter of Agriculture. Tom was active in the industry until his passing in July 2013.
This $1000 scholarship will be awarded by Beck Ag at the NAMA Agri-Marketing Conference in 2014 to a qualified college junior who is a member of a National Agri-Marketing Association (NAMA) student chapter and is majoring in animal science, agricultural communications, agricultural economics/agricultural business (depending on university definition of field of study)*. The scholarship will be administered by the Agri-Business Educational Foundation (ABEF).
The remaining criteria will follow scholarship rules established by NAMA. They are:
1. Judging will be conducted by representatives from ABEF.
2. Nominees must be members of an accredited student NAMA chapter.
3. To be considered, applicants must be from the junior class and have a B average or higher.
4. The monetary award must be used during the 2014-15 school year.
5. Entries must be submitted following rules established by ABEF and NAMA. Rules may change periodically.
*Some universities classify all agricultural business disciplines in ag economics. Others use agribusiness. Applicants from both disciplines may apply.